Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Happy Birthday Mama Mary


It was Mama Mary's birthday yesterday. I went to Church to greet Her. As I wait for the mass to start, Her birthday last year vividly came to me.

Lala and I went to Greenbelt Church albeit the intense rains in the Metro. We were not troubled because at one point in the mass , the celebrant gave a firm assurance that before the mass ends..the rain will stop..it did... God stopped the rain... A simple reminder that without a doubt, miracles do really exist...The mass came to its end...To go home, we went. But unfortunately, due to heavy rains, we had a hard time sighting an empty MGE or EMP. Hours passed. So we decided to eat than to battle with the rain and other passengers so eager to go home. The unfortunately became fortunately...a blessing in disguise...bonding with my dear Lala whom I truly miss.

Despite the odds, the bonding made this day special. Aside from that... I received a promise... A promise that on that day, whatever your prayer...whatever your wish...it will be given...because it is Mama Mary's birthday, instead of us giving her gifts, She will be the one giving gifts...She will help us for our prayers to be granted...Three months later, exactly the 8th of December, Immaculate Conception...the prayer was granted. I received a call from Jho confirming...Prayer granted.

And so yesterday, during the mass, as I went down on my knees, tears rolled down my cheeks, I cling tight on my personal intention. I am keeping the promise. It happened before. It will happen again. Prayer will be granted...

Thank you Mama Mary. As a true-blue Marian, I will forever keep the faith...keep the fork..

No comments:

Post a Comment