Saturday, August 15, 2009

Thank you















August 12, 2009 8:00 pm Dubai time, I am already a year older. I cannot get off to sleep. Excited, happy and sad…for the many firsts that I will be experiencing. First birthday away from home, first birthday party after my debut, first birthday without the usual one thing that has been there for almost 7 years. Greetings and wishes thru text, Friendster, Facebook, e-mail and phone calls came from different parts of the globe. Yes… I am a certified OFW :-). Those greetings plus the personal ones really put a smile on my face and brought joy to my heart… a special reminder that I am still loved by many despite my one lost love. My sincerest thanks to all of you. Work as usual but I was on birthday mode. Work. Personal stuffs. Work. Personal stuffs. Haha! Thanks Claire for being konsintidor! Before the day ended, we made some little preps at home for the next day’s little partey. "Sleep tight birthday girl. The birthday is not yet over. Wait until tomorrow comes."

Tadan! Chef Alex and Nanay Leah to the rescue! The simple party that I envisioned, never came into reality. Look at the pictures. Need I say more? Never under estimate the powers of these two Cooking masters! Thank you so much sa inyong dalawa! Whew! Daig ko pa nagpacatering services! And my never-ending thank you also goes to Jho, Ninang Mek, Lhet, AJ and Adie..they are my family away from home. I love you guys! My friends came-thank you for coming and being a part of my simple celebration. You all made my birthday happy. Thanks sa presence and sa gifts :-)

And of course, thank you Lord for the year that was. Thank you for I had my fair share of life’s ups and downs. The ups which made me appreciate the beauty and joy of living. And the downs which made me appreciate the strength that you showered me and the lessons attached to it. Thank you for all my friends and my family for all their love and support which I still feel even we’re oceans apart. They are the true treasures of my life. Bless them always like you have always blessed me.

And to him…thank you for letting me experience again the same old you even for just one day, the only one with a knack to touch my heart…..

No comments:

Post a Comment