Saturday, August 1, 2009

Approaching 6th month

While busily doing some supplier reconciliation, my good friend Claire uttered out of nowhere " Rio ang bilis ng oras...6 months na tayo!". Then, those words struck me which made me think and a vivid backtrack came to me.

I first set foot in Dubai last February 4. As the plane prepares for its landing after a 9-hour flight from Hongkong, my first impression is that I was completely in awe of this city of lights as I look outside the night sky through the window. Then after long cues at the airport, not to mention, taking extra time finding (without luck) Claire's lost luggages, I finally get to see warm welcome of smiles and waving hands amidst the crisp winter atmosphere. This is it!!!

Sunday came and it is our first day at work. Reading procedures manual is what we did to call it a day. Time flies. After six months of experience, questions, inevitable human errors, we are now doing a lot of things and still learning a lot of things which I like. Welcome to Mr. Green's Empire. However, I miss Chevron for its Ergo work place, work-life balance, R&R, stretch breaks, 7 ups, countless pantry breaks, weekly meetings, abundant trainings, and the friendships that I made which I intend to cherish forever :-) This is just normal..Separation anxiety attacks..Just like the way I missed Smart when I transferred to Chevron.

Friendships. Renewal of friendship with two of my college best buddies, Jho (with her family of course) from whom I owe this whole Dubai thing and Jheng. My new friends-motherly Nanay Leah, sisterly Ate Be, fatherly Tito Domeng, young-at-heart Minigold, cool Alet, always happy Ven and Badz, the-atribi-but-loved Sherille, mabait na Claire, the new Adrian in my life, mentor Bel, sweet Jaquel. And the list goes on. I made new ones but I will forever cherish the old ones. Thanks to the cyber world. I stay connected with my friends especially when I went through a stage in my life that I needed them most. I felt their hugs and comforting love even miles away. Thanks to all of you. You know who you are :-)

For me to not entertain the persistent, Mr. Homesick, the following kept me company-Travis Parker and Gabby Holland, Michael Hillyard and Nancy McAllister. Wilson and Jane Lewis. As of this blogging, Santiago is my companion. Thanks to Jho and Ven for lending their precious books. The following also had their fair share of keeping me company -Dhim and his songs as he drums, my new love, Nikon, downloaded movies for late night marathon, homey TFC, Bo Sanchez and other bloggers. And of course, how can I forget the cutest of them all - Alessandra Joy and Adrienne Jade.

And on my stay here, I so love the following: No long hours of traffics, Winter time, 24/7 Air Conditioning to battle the scorching heat wave (40 degrees Celsius +++ during Summer), Zero visibility of security guards on malls and establishments, SALE! SALE! SALE!

Apparently Dubai is giving me a good time. However, there are trying times and human nature calls, sadness knocks...I was not there when my dear lola passed away...and a most treasured
almost 7 yrs of relationship and 13 yrs of friendship has to end.. I loved you but I'll be over you...Cliche it may seem...THIS TOO SHALL PASS...

And of course, my stay here makes me miss them so much!!
Mama and our bondings
Papa and his daily question of "Anong gusto mong kainin?"
Lheng and her topak and generosity
Tala and Tisoy and their sweet meowwwwss.....

No comments:

Post a Comment